1 / 5
A Middle Rock farm tour aims to give visitors an overview of sheep farming in New Zealand in the Lake Coleridge area, one hour's drive west of Christchurch.
On arrival, guests are welcomed by their hosts and taken on a coach or 4 wheel drive tour out onto the property where high country farming activities are viewed and explained, there is the opportunity to be amongst large flocks of sheep and view working dogs in action. The panoramic views of Mt Hutt and the Upper Rakaia Gorge visible from the property are also a feature of the tour.
Small groups and families welcome. Farming delegations, we offer a more specialized , technical tour to meet your needs. Visitors should allow a minimum of 2½ hours. Meals available.
Middle Rock Farm Tour, 1160 Coleridge Road, Darfield, Lake Coleridge, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7572, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Open daylight hours, 7 days. Visits by appointment only.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 86kms from Christchurch City central
- Proximity to town:
- 95kms from Christchurch city
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$105.00 - $150.00|
(16 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Rates are based on prebooked, coach tour visitors. Independent travellers are charged at $150 per person, children $70 with a minimum of $300 per visit.
- Further pricing information:
- Apply direct for info. No charge for coach driver (or tour escort on large tour groups). Minimum charge $300.