1 / 5
It’s so easy to do. The closest ski area to Christchurch, an easy access road, fantastic learner slopes and a mountain of terrain for experts.
Significant investment in snow making, snow-fencing and grooming helps ensure fantastic snow conditions. A Carpet-lift makes progression for beginners easy, and platter lift provides one of the best intermediate slopes for progression in the country. The Easyrider Chairlift and Three T-bars provide access to a plethora of intermediate and advanced ski and board terrain.
A world class Snowsport School, fully equipped rental department and workshop, and fully licensed cafe and bar offering hearty local fare and delicious espresso coffee.
Visit Porters for a truly unique New Zealand snow experience.View our lift pass prices View our snow report
Are their shuttles to the ski field?
A range of different shuttle transport options are available from Christchurch, Methven, and Springfield. Additionally, a complimentary mountain access road shuttle is available for Porters customers, bookings essential.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
There is a fully-licensed café at Porters serving a wide range of homestyle food prepared daily, mouth-watering espresso coffee, beer and wine.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
The Porters Snow School offers a range of ski and snowboard lessons for all ages and ability levels including first timers, group lessons, private lessons and a ski academy.
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
The Porters Terrain Park offers a wide range of beginner and intermediate terrain park features for skiers and snowboarders.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
There is no childcare available, however Porters offers an interchangeable parents' day pass for families with toddlers (under 3 years).
Porters Ski Area Ltd, State Highway 73, Springfield, Canterbury, Springfield, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7681, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Lifts operate 9am - 4pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Just over an hour's drive (89 km) from Christchurch International Airport.
- Proximity to town:
- We are located just over an hour's drive (94 km) from Christchurch City, and 20 minutes (33 km) from the country town of Springfield. We’re 8km from the main rd - SHW73 enroute to Greymouth.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$79.00 - $99.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Children 10 years and under ski for free. A short and well-maintained access road offers easy mountain access. Only 8km from state highway 73 to the base facilities and lifts. A complimentary shuttle service is available for skiers and boarders when chains are required and also on weekends and through July school holidays. Porters Shuttle service requires bookings on weekdays.