Lyttelton Harbour, just 15 minutes from Christchurch, is home to two islands, each with an incredible link to Canterbury's past.
Quail Island is ideal for a half day freedom walk. The island's walkway passes by shipwrecks, a former leper colony and a quarantine station used by the early European settlers.
The Antarctica explorers, Scott and Shackleton, trained their sled dogs and ponies there. Today the island is home to native birds including the fantail, kingfisher, silvereye and many sea birds.
Quail Island Ferries (Black Cat Cruises), B Jetty, Lyttelton, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8841, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Check our website for the latest timetable information www.blackcat.co.nz
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- under 5 year olds are free
- Further pricing information:
- No bookings required. Just turn up at B Jetty on the Lyttelton Harbour. pay onboard the boat - cash only.