1 / 7
From our Charleston Base travel to the Rainforest Train & through the primeval rainforest & towering limestone cliffs of the Nile River Canyon.
A short walk from our "Soft Rock Terminal" will take you to the "Triclops" entrance of the enormous Nile River GlowWorm Cave.
Explore an ancient wonderland sculptured in limestone complete with amazing formations. Visit a calcitic paradise in the Hall of Refugees before taking in the breath taking main entrance and the amazing glow worm galaxies illuminating the active streamways in the cave.
Return through a labyrinth of large dry passages to our Base in awe at a journey through a natural undeveloped unspoilt cave in which it is possible to Venture without specialised clothing or equipment.
The Charleston GlowWorm Cave Tour, 7368 Camp Street, State Highway 6, Charleston, Charleston, West Coast, 7865, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Summer NZ Daylight Saving Hours Departing at: 9.00am, 11.30am & 2.00pm. Winter Hours: 10.00am & 12.30pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 15minutes drive time to Westport airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Both Intercity and Attomic Shuttle will stop at our Base by arrangement.
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes drive time from nearby Westport and 30 minutes drive time from Punakaiki
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Price includes all equipment & The Rainforest Train
- Further pricing information:
- We provide all Specialized clothing and equipment. Westport / Charleston Courtesy Coach. Free Nile River Rainforest Travel and Free drinks.