1 / 9
Begin your day by cruising the pristine waters of Lake Wanaka to Mou Waho Island Nature Reserve. Enjoy a guided nature walk to the spectacular summit, revealing the island’s secret – a lake on top of an island on the lake!
Enjoy ‘high tea’ up close and personal with rare native birds, including weka, wood pigeon and bellbird. Give back to NZ and plant a tree as part of this unique eco experience.
After lunch in one of Wanaka’s many fine cafés (own expense), discover the secrets of Wanaka’s highcountry, it’s history and heritage with a leisurely 4WD safari of a local working sheep, cattle and deer station.
This tours offers outstanding views and photo opportunities.
Queenstown departures also available, see below for details.
Eco Wanaka Adventures - Wanaka Nature Encounter, Lakeside Road , Wanaka Marina, Wanaka town, Wanaka, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 6.30pm, 7 days. (Closed Christmas Day).
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Wanaka is 10km from Wanaka Airport, or approx 1 hour drive from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to town:
- Right in town
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Oct - Apr)||(May - Sep)|
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Queenstown departures available on request for an additional charge.
- Further pricing information:
- Prices valid from 1 Oct 2017 - 30 Sept 2019. This tour needs a minimum of two people booked in to operate. Please note that trip is weather dependant. Queenstown departures are available on request - there is an additional charge for this - from Queenstown Adult $645pp, Child $375pp.