1 / 6
1 / 13
Your adventure begins late afternoon/early evening at Lake District Adventures' base in South Waikato. Paddle along the southern edge of Lake Karapiro, over the old submerged Horahora Dam that produced electricity for the early Waihi goldfields.
Learn the history of the Horahora village and enjoy the twilight & silence of being on the water as the day draws to an end. As night arrives over the lake, paddle slowly up the Pokaiwhenua Stream and through the canyon carved out by water over many hundreds of years. Native ferns & trees drape over you, bird life is all around. When darkness falls we float silently back downstream, being guided by the glowworms on either side sparkling like Christmas lights.
Evening Kayak Glowworm Tour, 396 Horahora Road, Piarere, Cambridge, Hamilton - Waikato, 3484, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Summer (Oct-Mar) 9.00am - 5pm Winter (April - Sep) 10am - 4pm Closed Mondays.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 30 minutes to Hamilton Airport, 2 hours to Auckland International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 30 minutes.
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes from Cambridge & Matamata
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$109.00 - $149.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings essential for tours. Minimums numbers apply. Minimum age 8 years on evening glow worm tours.