1 / 6
Are you looking to test your limits, and experience true NZ wilderness? The Grade 4/5 section on the Mohaka River is perfect for those wanting a serious rafting experience on a world class river.
Warm up with easy class II rapids, then take on the incredible Long Rapid - the entry into the Mohaka Gorge. Spend the day navigating tight canyons and weaving around house sized boulders; geological oddities and awesome scenery are a big part of the experience. Expect to be on the water for 4-5 hours - this is an expedition packed into a full day trip! You'll understand why our guides believe they have the best jobs in the world.
Minimum age 16 years, and 8 people are required to book in for safety reasons.
Maritime NZ & Adventure Mark audited
Mohaka Rafting Grade 4/5 - The Big One, 3408 SH5, RD2, Napier, Hawkes Bay, 4182, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 24 hours, 7 days - October to March.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 35km to the Napier/ Hastings Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 3 km at Te Pohue - Please advise us of arrival times and we will collect you
- Proximity to town:
- We are 40 km from Napier and 90km from Taupo
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- We ask that a 20% deposit is paid to confirm a booking. For safety reasons we require to take a minimum of 2 rafts and a safety boater on each trip. We require 8 people minuimum before a trip is finalised. You can book a group of 8 or over, or you can book a smaller group and we will try and build a trip for you.