1 / 4
Lake Tekapo is a short flight from the West Coast and Air Safaris offers you the opportunity to fly over the main divide of the Southern Alps for a ½ day excursion.
On the eastern side at Lake Tekapo you can enjoy the hot pools and star gazing / observatory tours, go skiing, ice skating, curling (during the winter). There are also great walking and mountain biking activities available. We are happy to arrange Tekapo activities for you.
Experience a spectacular scenic flight that explores the Westland and Mount Cook National Parks flying over New Zealand’s highest mountains and largest glaciers. Our aircraft offer a window seat for all passengers and have wings-above for unobstructed viewing below.
Trans-Divide Excursions Franz Josef - Tekapo | Air Safaris, Main Road, Franz Josef Glacier, West Coast, 7856, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8:30am-5.00pm May –Sept and 8.00am-5:30pm Oct – April
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Air Safaris Airport is approximately 7km from the main township, along Waiho Flat road off the Fox Glacier Highway.
- Proximity to town:
- Our sales and information office is on the main road in Franz Josef township.
Pricing and Conditions
(13 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- During the summer season we operate two daily Trans-divide flights leaving at 9 am and 1 pm. Trans-divide trips are operated on demand during the winter season. Minimum 2 passengers required. One way or return flights available.