1 / 6
Journey in the footsteps of kiwi to Mason Bay for an unforgettable experience. More than just a kiwi spotting tour! With 90% success rate, over 80% daytime sightings.
Take a breathtaking scenic flight to stunning Mason Bay. Stay at Mason Hut / Camp. Explore the area. At night search for kiwi, listen to their shrill calls.
Next day hike 16 kms to Freshwater River (flat, rugged, muddy in places), through tussock fields and wetland. Lookout for kiwi signs. Learn about their unique features. At times a surprise awaits in the day!
At Freshwater River, board Aihe for a cruise back to Oban.
Informative trip, environmental focus, personalised experience in small groups.
Find us at the Ruggedy Range™ Booking Office in Oban. Book ahead!
Kiwi Journey, 14 Main Road, Oban, Stewart Island - Rakiura, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Details on www.ruggedyrange.com.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Ruggedy Range™ Booking Office is 2 - 3 minutes walk form Stewart Island Flight Depot.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
- In centre of Oban Village.
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Hire of outdoor clothing and equipment at extra cost.