1 / 11
Just 1 hour scenic drive from Wanaka is the beautiful World Heritage area of Mt Aspiring National Park – within the park is Rob Roy Glacier.
Your guided walk crosses a swing bridge into the alpine rainforest for a steady, yet leisurely, climb for 2.5 hours. See pristine rivers, waterfalls & tumbling glacial icefalls, alpine herb fields & sometimes also the cheeky Kea, the worlds’ only alpine parrot. Our guides can show you the best view points & photo opportunities.
Enjoy a gourmet sandwich lunch whilst admiring the panoramic views of Rob Roy Glacier. Occasionally large chunks of ice & snow can be seen breaking off & tumbling just opposite from our safe lunch spot. This walk has it all – and is a must do whilst in Wanaka / Queenstown.
Eco Wanaka Adventures - Rob Roy Glacier Guided Walk, Lakeside Road , Wanaka Marina, Wanaka town, Wanaka, 9305, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.00am-6.00pm, 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Wanaka is approx 1 hour drive from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to town:
- Tour starts from Wanaka Township.
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Ex-Queenstown Rates Adult $370/Child$240 valid till 30 Sept 2015, $410adult/$265child valid 1st Oct 2015 - 30th Sept 2016.
- Further pricing information:
- This tour needs a minimum of 2 people booked in to operate. Price is valid from 1st Oct 2016- 30th Sept 2017. Accompanying Guide FOC, 2 Adults Minimum. Small Children may be carried by a parent in a child carry pack if parents fit enough. Not suitable for children under 8 yo