1 / 7
1 / 16
Just 40 minutes drive from central Queenstown, The Remarkables is known for its friendly atmosphere, high altitude and north-facing sunny slopes. There’s something for everyone – plenty of space for beginners, dedicated freestyle areas, incredible big mountain possibilities and some of the best alpine views in the world.
Extensive freestyle features, including seven parks and the Southern Hemisphere's only Burton Stash, a signature terrain park packed with natural features.
Free day lift passes for children aged 5 years and under
Equipment can be hired on the mountain. Lessons available form our experienced coaches. Transport to and from Queenstown is available. Multi-day savings on lift passes. Ski more and save more.View our lift pass prices View our snow report
Are there shuttles to the ski field?
Snowline Express runs buses from the Queenstown Snow Centre, $20 return trip. Snowline Hotel Pick Up runs a bus that will collect you from designated accommodation in Queenstown, $30 return trip.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
There is a fully-licensed bar, café and snack shack at The Remarkables. Or, find a seat at the Ice Bar located at the top of the Alta chairlift. Take in the views with a mulled wine or a bacon buttie at this outdoor bar with a difference.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
The Remarkables Snowsports School offers a range of ski and snowboard lessons and programmes for all ages and ability levels including first timers, group lessons, private lessonsa variety of specialised clinics
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
The Remarkables has 3 terrain parks including the Burton Stash, the only park of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
- The Remarkables offers full day and half day group lesson programs for kids from 4 years of age everyday, as well as school holiday programs during the Australiand and New Zealand school holidays.
- The Kea Club offers Full Day, Half Day and 3 and 5 Day School Holiday programmes for kids 5-15 years (8-15 years for Snowboarders)
- Kids 5 years and under receive FREE day lift passes every day.
The Remarkables Ski Area, Kingston Rd, Frankton, Queenstown, 9300, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am-4pm 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 18 km, 30 minutes from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to town:
- 24 km, 40 minutes from Queenstown
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$95.00 - $129.00|
- Other charges:
- Kids 5 years and under and Super Seniors 75 years and older receive FREE Day Lift Passes everyday. Youth 6-17 years and Senior 65 - 74 years rates apply.
- Further pricing information:
- All operations are subject to weather conditions