1 / 2
1 / 4
Just 40 minutes drive from central Queenstown, The Remarkables is known for its friendly atmosphere, high altitude and north-facing sunny slopes. There’s something for everyone – plenty of space for beginners, dedicated freestyle areas, incredible big mountain possibilities and some of the best alpine views in the world. The area has just completed a multi-million dollar development with a new, purpose-built base lodge, high speed 6-seater chairlift and mostly sealed access road (10km of 13km is sealed).
• Extensive freestyle features, including the Southern Hemisphere's only Stash, a Burton signature terrain park
• Free day lift passes for children aged 5 years and under
Are there shuttles to the ski field?
Snowline Express runs buses from the Queenstown Snow Centre, $20 return trip. Snowline Hotel Pick Up runs a bus that will collect you from designated accommodation in Queenstown, $30 return trip.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
There is a fully-licensed bar, café and snack shack at The Remarkables. Or, find a seat at the Ice Bar located at the top of the Alta chairlift. Take in the views with a mulled wine or a bacon buttie at this outdoor bar with a difference.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
The Remarkables Snowsports School offers a range of ski and snowboard lessons and programmes for all ages and ability levels including first timers, group lessons, private lessonsa variety of specialised clinics
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
The Remarkables has 3 terrain parks including the Burton Stash, the only park of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
- The Remarkables offers full day and half day group lesson programs for kids from 4 years of age everyday, as well as school holiday programs during the Australiand and New Zealand school holidays.
- The Kea Club offers Full Day, Half Day and 3 and 5 Day School Holiday programmes for kids 5-15 years (8-15 years for Snowboarders)
- Kids 5 years and under receive FREE day lift passes every day.
The Remarkables Ski Area, Kingston Rd, Frankton, Queenstown, 9300, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am-4pm 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 18 km, 30 minutes from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to town:
- 24 km, 40 minutes from Queenstown
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$95.00 - $129.00|
- Other charges:
- Kids 5 years and under and Super Seniors 75 years and older receive FREE Day Lift Passes everyday. Youth 6-17 years and Senior 65 - 74 years rates apply.
- Further pricing information:
- All operations are subject to weather conditions