The Marlborough region is the home of New Zealand's most exquisite sauvignon blanc, pinot noir, aromatic and sparkling wines.
Savour the flavours of Marlborough
Blenheim is the perfect base to begin your explorations of Marlborough's wineries and other attractions.
- Take a winery tour. There is a variety of local wine trail operators providing a popular way to see and sample what Marlborough has to offer, be it by car, coach, or bicycle.
- Become a Golden Mile Champion, biking around wineries, restaurants and artisan stores.
- Don't miss the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre for a visual feast of rare World War One aircraft and memorabilia.
- Lunch alfresco amidst the vines at a winery restaurant.
- Sample and shop for local produce from the farm gate or the Sunday Farmers Market.
- Visit a distillery or brewery to taste locally produced fruit brandies, beers and liqueurs.
- Local museums illustrate the early history of the region.
- Forage for gourmet local produce including honey, pine nuts, saffron and wild game, or pick your own fresh fruit at a local orchard in the summer months.
- Take a walk in Wither Hills Farm Park - for great views over Marlborough and the Wairau Plains - or along the Taylor River reserve, finishing with coffee and cake at a riverside cafe.
- Head to one of the many bike trails including the Wither Hills Mountain Bike Park, Conders Bend and Whites Bay.
- Kayak or walk the Wairau Lagoon, near the site of New Zealand's first human habitation and home to 90 species of bird.
- Art galleries offer ever-changing exhibitions of local and national artists.
- Hit the beach at Whites Bay or Robin Hodd Bay for brilliant beach action.
- Visit local parks and award-winning gardens.