1 / 5
Mangaweka is located halfway between Taupo and Wellington and only 1min drive off SH1 is our rafting base, Awastone.
Our "Papa Gorge" Rafting Trip departs 3 times daily in the summer and takes about 1 hour on the river, allow 2hrs. Kids starting from 3 years of age all enjoy this fun, safe "splash 'n' giggle". There are plenty of native birds and a few waterfalls to capture your perfect family holiday picture.
Our professional friendly guides have great stories. All the gear, transport and yummy snack at the finish are provided. It is an adventurous break along your journey on SH1, New Zealand.
Want to extend your stay? Try Awastone, our river view camper van park with powered sites, wifi, hot showers, kitchen and licensed cafe onsite.
Family Splash 'n' Giggle - Awastone, Mangaweka, 143 Ruahine Road, Mangaweka, Manawatu, 4797, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Summer 9am - 5pm, Winter 10am - 3pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- MAC is approximately 1 hour from Palmerston North airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- We are happy to pick you up from the village of Mangaweka where buses can drop you off under the DC3.
- Proximity to town:
- MAC's base is at Awastone - 1km off SH1 along the Rangitikei River.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$90.00 - $700.00|
(15 year(s) and under)
|$75.00 - $500.00|
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- All trips require a minimum of 2 people. Security deposits are required upon booking.