Mt Hutt is one of the largest and highest ski areas in the South Island, providing an unparalleled big mountain experience for skiers and snowboarders. It’s perfect for every age and ability and fantastic for families.
• 35 minute drive from Methven
• Quick and easy on-mountain rental system
• Supervised kids’ programmes and Early Learning Centre for children age 3 months & up
• Kids4free - kids aged 7 years & under enjoy a range of activities, products & services at the mountain & in Methven for free.
Skiable Area: 365 hectares
Lifts: 1 high-speed eight seater (New Zealand's first), 1 high-speed six seater, 1 triple chair.
Visit our website
Mt Hutt Skifield Access Rd,
Are there shuttles to the ski field?
Methven Snowbus(opens in new window) runs buses departing from Methven and Christchurch to Mt Hutt.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
There is a fully-licensed café and bar(opens in new window) at Mt Hutt. For an Alpine flavour enjoy the rustic charm of Opuke Kai.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
Mt Hutt Snowsports School offer a range of ski and snowboard lessons(opens in new window) and programmes for all ages and ability levels including first timers, group lessons, private lessons and a variety of longer more specialised clinics.
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
Rookies and Intermediates are catered to in the mini park whilst the Experts can hit the features in the Advanced park.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
- Mt Hutt offers a licensed Early Learning Centre(opens in new window) for children 2-5 years.
- Mt Hutt offers full day and half day group lessons for kids from 5 years of age everyday.
- Kids 7 years and under receive free day lift passes every day.