1 / 4
The Charleston Nile River Rainforest Train is a short interpretive train ride in open sided carriages through primeval rain forest in The Paparoa National Park.
The journey takes you in to the magnificent Nile River Canyon and passes through the “The Lost World” film site. From the upper “Soft Rock” Terminal a short forest walk will take you to the Nile River Suspension Bridge and the Nile River GlowWorm Cave Entrance.
Trips depart daily and are timed in conjunction with the scheduled Caving Adventures. Departure and return times may vary accordingly.
Nile River Rainforest Train, 7368 Camp Street, State Highway 6, Charleston, Charleston, West Coast, 7865, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Summer departure times from our Charleston Base 9:00am, 11:30am & 2:00pm. Winter Departure times are at 10:00am & 12:30pm daily.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 15minutes drive time to Westport airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Intercity and Attomic Shuttle will stop on request at our Charleston Base.
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes drive time from nearby Westport and 30 minutes drive time from Punakaiki
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Seniors at Youth Rate
- Further pricing information:
- Prior booking essential to avoid dissapointment