1 / 12
The Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park has been breeding Kiwi since 1971. The not-for-profit wildlife and conservation centre displays Kiwi birds all day in special nocturnal houses. And it breeds rare and endangered native New Zealand wildlife.
The family-friendly Park offers Kiwi viewing of 2 of NZ's kiwi species -Great Spotted Kiwi and Brown Kiwi. The rare and iconic birds are housed in specialised nocturnal houses complete with burrow cameras. There are ponds, wetland areas and walk-through aviaries including a giant dome aviary. Open daily, except Christmas Day. All ticket sales are reinvested in the Park's wildlife & conservation work.
Otorohanga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park, 20 Alex Telfer Drive, Otorohanga, Otorohanga, Hamilton - Waikato, 3900, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Daily (except Christmas Day) from 9am - 5pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Auckland International Airport 200 kms
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 1 km
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes from Waitomo Caves, 2.5 hours from Auckland, 1.5 hours from Rotorua & Taupo
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Child (5-15 years accompanied by an adult) $10; Family Special (2 adults, up to 3 children) $59; School groups: $3 per child and accompanying adult
- Further pricing information:
- Child (5-15 years, accompanied by an adult) $10 Under 5 year olds - FREE entry Family Special (2 adults, up to 3 children) $59 (a $19 saving)