1 / 6
Begin the journey with a spectacular scenic drive along the Milford Road to the main mountain Divide.
The walk ascends through lush, temperate rainforest on a well maintained track. The steady climb takes approximately 2 hours at a leisurely pace. Your small group, accompanied by a local, knowledgeable, Trips & Tramps guide provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the natural and human heritage of Fiordland.
Gaining an elevation of 400 meters, emerge from the forest into the alpine environment, with panoramic view of high snowy peaks, alpine lakes, and deep bush clad valleys. On a fine day lunch is on the summit amidst the alpine tarns, and in unfavorable conditions in the shelter of a nearby tramping hut.
Routeburn Track, Key Summit Guided Walk - Trips & Tramps, 24 Caswell Road, Te Anau, Fiordland, 9600, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7.00 am - 9.00 pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 170 km from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to town:
- Te Anau accommodation pick ups available at no extra charge.
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Lunch Available at additional charge.
- Further pricing information:
- Minimum number 2 people on guided walks. Child age minimum 8 years.