New Zealand's capital city, Wellington, sits nestled in a natural amphitheatre around the harbour. It is easy to explore on foot and there are heaps of great things to see and do that don't cost a cent.
Here's my Top 5 list of Wellington freebies:
1. Cuba Street - Fantastic window shopping and people watching.
2. Mt Victoria Lookout - incredible views out over Wellington.
3. Te Papa - the national museum and art gallery of New Zealand.
4. Wellington Waterfront - spectacular views and free WIFI.
5. Wellington Botanic Gardens - a great place to chill out.
A great place to stay, handy to all these places is Downtown Backpackers Wellington.
Check out http://www.downtownbackpackers.co.nz for more information.