1 / 6
Our fully guided llama experience tours range from a gentle village stroll to a multi day wilderness adventure.
Lunch with a llama? Discover the hidden scenic spots of our alpine village on a leisurely day tour including lunch at a local cafe. This is a fun and interactive llama experience. Leading your own llama you’ll soon find his “calma llama” attitude is infectious; you can't help but leave the everyday world behind.
For the more adventurous our multi day backcountry llama adventures provide the comfort a fully guided and catered llama experience gives.
Your gentle llama will happily carry everything for you allowing you to fully take in the spectacular alpine wilderness scenery.
Join us for an experience of a lifetime!
Hanmer Llamas, Hanmer Springs village , Hanmer Springs, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.00am onwards for enquiries including evenings.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Hanmer Springs is 1.5 hours from Christchurch airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- A daily shuttle service runs at set times between Christchurch and Hanmer Springs
- Proximity to town:
- The llamas are grazed outside of the village-we meet our guests outside the thermal pools entrance in the main street of Hanmer Springs
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$160.00 - $250.00|
(12 year(s) and under)
|$0.00 - $140.00|
- Other charges:
- Day tours adults 160. Under 12 yr olds 140 and under 5 yr olds free. Family and group rates by arrangement. Multi day tour rates are 250 per person per day.
- Further pricing information:
- Multi day wilderness tours are not considered suitable for young children however for ages 7 and over are considered on a case by case basis.