1 / 7
River Valley Stables provides a variety of rides, for varying riding abilities, over dramatic central North Island Hill Country near Taihape in the Rangitikei District.
Our 2 hour treks are ideal if you have never or seldom ridden a horse.
Half day treks are more suitable for intermediate riders, while full day and two day rides are most suitable for solid intermediate or experienced riders.
River Valley Stables is committed to a Natural Horsemanship approach to horse training, with horses mostly being ridden in halters (no bits). The horses are not shod, rather a bare foot trimmer attends to them at 6 weekly intervals.
Accommodation is available at River Valley Lodge for trekkers.
River Valley Stables, 266 Mangahoata Road, Pukeokahu, Taihape, Manawatu, 4792, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7 days a week. 8am to 5pm.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2 hours drive to Palmerston North
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 32 kms to Taihape
- Proximity to town:
- 32 kms from Taihape
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$139.00 - $739.00|
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- There is a weight restriction of 110kgs. Our age restriction is usually 10 years but we can make exceptions for advanced riders. We do try and match riders to appropriate horses, so an honest appraisal of riding ability is required. Please book the most appropriate trek for your riding ability. Full details on our website