1 / 10
We begin our kayak adventure at Tutukau Bridge. Look out for interesting geothermal activity along the way such as mini geysers, mud pools and steam beds as you meander down the glassy waters of the Waikato River towards Orakei Korako.
Take in the beautiful scenery and kayak past various water birds. If you are lucky, you might see the main geyser go off as you near the geothermal park.
We will take a short break for refreshments before exploring the volcanic world of gushing geysers, hot springs, bubbling mud pools and hidden caves of Orakei Korako Geothermal Park.
Your transport will then be waiting for you to take you back to base.
Allow approximately 5 - 5.5 hours
(1-1.5 hours on water and 1-1.5 hours geothermal)
Taupo Kayaking Adventures Kayak & Geothermal Adventure, 876 Acacia Bay Road, Taupo, Lake Taupo, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Approximately 10 minute drive from Airport to information centre collection point
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 5 minutes walking distance to information centre collection point, or complimentary transport from coach terminal.
- Proximity to town:
- Approximately 5 mins drive from the town centre
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$200.00 - $240.00|
- Other charges:
- $240 pp, minimum 2 people; $200 pp for 3 and more people