1 / 4
Set amidst a landscape of erupting geothermal activity is the Living Maori Thermal Village of Whakarewarewa.
Join a guided tour and discover the wonders of Mother Nature and learn how we have come to live in harmony within this unique environment.
Sit back and relax at our twice daily Maori Cultural Performances while we entertain you through song and dance.
Interact with local Artists and learn how to make your own Harakeke (flax) treasure with our professional weaver, or have a private session with our residential Taa Moko (Maori tattoo) Artist to produce your very own design set on an A4 laminated sheet.
Indulge your senses and try our Traditional Geothermal Hangi, Hangi Pie or Corn Cob, a tasteful and refreshing experience.
Whakarewarewa The Living Maori Village, 17 Tryon Street, Whakarewarewa, Rotorua Central, Rotorua, 3010, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.30am - 5.00pm (Closed Christmas Day)
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes from Rotorua Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 5 minutes from Rotorua Bus Terminal
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes drive from the local iSite and city centre
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$45.00 - $70.00|
(15 year(s) and under)
|$20.00 - $40.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Free General Admission for children 4 years and under. Bookings essential for food packages, private tours and private interactions. For more information please visit our website: www.whakarewarewa.com