1 / 9
Located between Opotiki and Gisborne, and moments from the most remote and picturesque rivers in the world.
Fish the Motu for the elusive Brown Trout or try your hand at the Rainbow trout that reside in the beautiful Waioeka, Moanui or Koranga rivers.
Simon, your host is a professional fishing guide and has had 30+ years of experience.
Within the hills surrounding the lodge are the striking and elusive Red Deer. Hunting trips can be arranged by request and are able to cater for small or large groups.
The Homestead accommodation allows for one Queen bed, private bathroom and twin singles, private bathroom.Three course meals, available on request,made from fresh local cuisine and the chef is always keen to cook your catch.
- 4WD to riverside
- helicopter fishing trips available on request when wanting remote fishing locations
- Access to many varied Rivers Motu, Moanui, Koranga and the Waioeka
- Simon is highly professional with a welcoming manner and has a fine attention for detail
- Stay at Hazelwood Lodge to discover exactly what our the region has to offer
Pricing InformationOur rate for the 2013/14 season is a competitve $350 a single or $550 a double, this rate includes a riverside picnic, flies and transport, it does not include gear hireage and fishing licences. Special rates for accommodation if Anglers are wanting to fish more than one day.
Where to Stay
Find more Accommodation in Gisborne
Hazelwood Hunting and Fishing Lodge, 6506 Matawai road, Matawai, Eastland, 4051, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- open all hours
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Courtesy Transport
- Internet (Public Use)
- Sky - communal
- Proximity to airport:
- one hour
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 2 minutes
- Proximity to town:
- 75 kms
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$95.00 - $110.00|
- Other charges:
- Dinner $30 per person, available on request
- Further pricing information:
- Special rates for accommodation for Anglers who are fishing more than one day