1 / 7
Bay of Islands Vintage Railway (BOIVR) is a heritage railway in Kawakawa, home of the world famous Hundertwasser toilets. It is unique as the only NZ working railway running trains right through the middle of a busy town.
4 trains run every Friday, Saturday and Sunday all year, plus every day in school holidays. Outside these times, Special Excursion trains can be arranged – contact us.
BOIVR is a volunteer-run, not-for-profit charity, and most Northerly railway in New Zealand. It is of significant historical and cultural importance as North Island’s first railway passenger service - now celebrating 150 years of Rail.
Enjoy a ride through scenic countryside for a unique experience and a great family day out - whatever the weather.
Bay of Islands Vintage Railway, Gillies Street, Kawakawa, Northland, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- 4 Trains run every Friday, Saturday, Sunday all year and every day of school/public holidays (except Christmas Day). All trains depart from Kawakawa Railway Station at 10.45am, 12 noon, 1.15pm, 2.30pm. Visitors should arrive 10 minutes before departure to allow time to purchase tickets.
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- Nearest Airport Kerikeri - approx 30 Km
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Coach drop off approx 1 Km
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Kawakawa Railway Station is in the town.
Precios y condiciones
- Otros cargos:
- Return fares:- NZ Gold Card $18; Adult $20; school child $5; under school age free; family $45 (defined as 2 adults & up to 3 children): Single one-way trip adult $10; child $2.50. Bicycles carried free.
- Más información sobre precios:
- To arrange for large parties, or Special Excursion trains outside scheduled running times - contact us for more information. Discounts may apply.