This quiet oasis will both surprise and delight you.
Creel Lodge is just four 1/2 hours drive from both Auckland and Wellington, and just 90 minutes from Waitomo and Rotorua. Set in three acres of established grounds with it's own private access to the famous Tongariro River, featured in Zane Grays - 1920s novel Anglers Aldorado. The Lonely Planet lists Creel Lodge as the Place to stay.
A welcome stop for the weary traveller, a paradise for fisher folk and a great place to stay if you are doing the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, which is now listed as the best one day walk in New Zealand.
Creel Lodge is the haunt of many from all over the planet, once discovered you will return again to both renew and make new memories of this lovely lodge.
Creel Lodge Motel, 183 Taupahi Road, Turangi, Lake Taupo, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am -8pm 7 days a week
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Disabled Access
- Room Service
- Sky - communal
- Safety Deposit Box at Reception
- Proximity to airport:
- 30 min by car to Taupo airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 5 minutes walking to Information centre in Village or 1 minue by car
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes walking to Village or 1 minute by car
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$140.00 - $190.00|
- Other charges:
- Extra Person Plus $20 Per night
- Further pricing information:
- We have a number of types of suites. Each type has a maximum number of guests. Please refer our web sit for this information. You can book directly on line.