1 / 15
Lochmara Lodge is more than just a place to stay. We are a total destination, where you can relax, explore or play, experiencing the magic of the Marlborough Sounds. Accommodation is in 14 chalets and units for couples, families, walkers, and art and nature lovers.
We have no road access and no TVs, instead offering gorgeous views, nature walks, art and wildlife and a night sky full of stars. Lochmara is 15 minutes from Picton in our water taxi or accessible via the Queen Charlotte Track.
Facilities include free kayaks/paddleboards, hammocks, beach, hand-feed Native Parakeets and stingrays, nature trails, Underwater Observatory, and a surprise around every corner. Great local food and wine are feature in our waterfront cafe/restaurant.
Lochmara Lodge, Lochmara Bay - Queen Charlotte Sound, Picton, Marlborough, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Reception hours summer 8am - 8pm (24 Dec - 28 Feb), otherwise 8.30am - 5pm. Cafe open 8am - 10pm.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Children Welcome
- Conference Facilities
- Internet (Public Use)
- Licensed Bar
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes drive + 15 minutes water taxi to Picton Airport. 30 minutes drive + 15 minutes water taxi to Marlborough/Blenheim Airport.
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes by boat from Picton marina.
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$95.00 - $295.00|
- Other charges:
- Rates are per room for 2 people and do not include water taxi to Lochmara Lodge. Children under 5 free.
- Further pricing information:
- Spring Special 2019- Children stay and travel for free when booking two nights consecutive nights. Valid September 15th - October 21st 2019.