1 / 6
Rustic, romantic and relaxing! The perfect romantic getaway from the hustle of life, in an environment you won’t want to leave. Open fires, candles, and the warm wooden ambiance of this restored historical cottage create the perfect spark, along with local produce and wine, whilst watching the sun set over the surrounding mountains, after a day exploring all the local area has to offer.
Feel free to dine in or we will assist with recommending the restaurant options in nearby Staveley, Mt Somers or Methven. Most choose to dine on the covered deck watching the sunset over the Southern Alps or on the sofa in front of the fire with a bottle of fine New Zealand wine. Continental breakfast supplies are included within the cottage.
Red Cottages Staveley - Alford Cottage, 4323 Arundel Rakaia Gorge Road, Staveley, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7771, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Internet (Public Use)
- Proximity to airport:
- 1 hour to Christchurch International Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 15 Minutes to Methven or 35 minutes to Ashburton
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes to Methven; 1 hour 45 minutes to Tekapo; 1 hour 15 minutes to Christchurch
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Two night minimum stay Fridays & Saturdays.