1 / 6
Our fully guided tours last 90 minutes up to 2 hours. We will discuss how we run our biological dairy farm and how robotics are incorporated to be kinder to the cow and farmer. Refreshments and a bite to eat in 'Poppa's Museum' will be included in the tour (including delicious flavoured milk from our dairy cooperative). You will have the chance to get up close to the cows, maybe even pat a friendly pet, and view the robots milking the cows. Hear how we retrofitted our old 24 aside herringbone cowshed to a state of the art, kinder on people, kinder on cows, robotic system. Find out how we use the up to the minute technical and health information on each cow. Walk through the paddock and touch (taste?!) the biologically fertilised grass.
Robotic Dairy Farm Tours - Manawatu, Bunnythorpe, New Zealand, Bunnythorpe, Manawatu, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Daylight hours. Tours must be pre-arranged.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 6km to Palmerston North Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 8km to Feilding coach terminal, 11km to Palmerston North coach terminal
- Proximity to town:
- 11km to Palmerston North Square, 8km to Feilding
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$20.00 - $100.00|
- Other charges:
- Minimum cost of $200 per tour (for up to 10 people). $20 per person for over 10 people.
- Further pricing information:
- Children are welcome, although must be fully supervised by their parent/caregiver. While we endeavour to hold tours year around, as we are a small family operated farm there are some busy times of the year that we may not be able to hold tours - please enquire. Visits MUST be pre booked AT LEAST TWO DAYS in advance and pre paid.