1 / 4
Our comfortable 4WD vans will take you over one of the highest passes on Banks Peninsula to Pohatu Marine Reserve.
With an experienced local guide you will visit the dramatic outer coast on the wild side and visit the Akaroa Heads Lighthouse Reserve, discover the tranquil surroundings and bird-life of the beautiful Tutakakahikura Scenic Reserve.
Once down in Pohatu bay enjoy tea, coffee and muffins before taking part in a biodiversity monitoring program of endemic species such as penguins, and wetas.
Pohatu Penguins/ Plunge NZ Ltd has a marine mammal concession and penguin permit to care for sick or injured penguins.
Scenic Nature Safari, Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7542, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Akaroa is an hour and half drive away from Christchurch Airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- The daily shuttles pick up and drop off 100 metres away of our office.
- Proximity to town:
- Our office is in Akaroa, just behind the BNZ bank at Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie.
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Special price for a familly (2 adults and 2 children): $220