1 / 9
This half-day Tongariro River journey is one of the best rafting adventures in NZ.
The rapids are Grade 3, which makes this an ideal adventure for expert or first-time rafters alike. In two hours you navigate over 60 roller coaster rapids with an expert guide at the helm.
A large part the top section of this trip can only be accessed by raft or kayak so you’ll see plenty of spectacular unspoilt wilderness and may catch a glimpse of the protected "whio" or native blue duck.
Our guides are qualified rafting professionals and our gear is top quality.
We are the founders of the Blue Duck Project—the conservation initiative with the goal of returning the rare native Blue Duck (or Whio) to its traditional habitat along the Tongariro River.
Whitewater Rafting - Tongariro River Rafting , 95 Atirau Rd, Turangi, Turangi, Lake Taupo, 3334, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 35mins drive from Taupo airport. 5mins from Helipad or Float Plane landing.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 2 mins from National coach stop.
- Proximity to town:
- 2 mins from centre of Turangi town. 35 mins drive from Taupo.
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Further pricing information:
- You must be over 10 years of age and supervised by an adult if under 15 years.Adventure activities have a degree of risk. Participants should be aware that no operator can absolutely guarantee their safety. Tongariro River Rafting cannot be held responsible for injury and loss or damage to personal property if you fail to follow our instructions. To ensure safety, Tongariro River Rafting reserves the right to cancel or alter a rafting/kayaking trip due to adverse weather or river conditions.