Information we collect.
Tourism New Zealand requires your personal information only in limited circumstances when you:
- Submit an online form, request information, complete a survey or application through the website or otherwise submit information to us through the website or post or upload to the website
- Register your tourism business and upload and maintain details about your business, products and deals.
- Provide feedback or report a problem with this website
- Choose to post deals and product listing information to one of your Google My Business locations.
You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
Advertising services provides by partners
We advertise in a number of ways, including online through managed social media presences, and on other unaffiliated sites and mobile applications. To understand how our advertising campaigns are performing, and better understand the visitors to our website we work with partners who provide us advertising services. We collect information via our advertising service providers to help us understand how users interact with our services, to serve advertising on our behalf across the internet, and measure the performance of these advertisements. Please see the Cookie Use Statement for more information on which partners we use and to learn more about your privacy choices.
Social Media and APIs
- We may provide an application programming interface (API) to enable third-party applications to interface with our websites. Some applications enable you to interact with us through the API in a way that requires you to log in. To do this, most of these applications will direct you through a process where you are able to let the application connect to your account.
- If you allow an application to connect to your account on our websites, including if you set up your account on our website using an API with a third party social media platform, that application will be able to access information that you can see when you are logged into our websites. You should only allow applications you trust to access your account on our websites.
- If you set up your account on our websites using an API with a third party social media platform, you also consent to us obtaining and using your information from such platform.
Google My Business
If you are a registered user of the Tourism Business Database and choose to post deals and product listing information to one of your Google My Business locations, you will be asked to sign in to Google and permit the Tourism Business Database to post on your behalf. The sign in form, with username and password, is hosted by Google. Tourism New Zealand has no visibility of these credentials and will not store them in any way. In order to send posts to your Google My Business location, an identifier of your account (accountId), an identifier of the business location (locationId) and the identifier of the post will be stored with the deal or product listing information. This information cannot be used without you logging in to Google (we cannot do that on your behalf), and will be deleted on your request.
How your information is used?
We may use your personal information for any purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise and to:
- verify your identity and to assist you if you forget your username or password for any of the services we provide to you via the Internet;
- show your business details, product details and deals on newzealand.com and third party websites such as RTO websites;
- communicate with you;
- analyse usage of this website;
- provide you with further information, news, and promotional material;
- carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes including direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- improve the content of this website and to customise this website to your preferences.
- post deals and product listing information to one of your Google My Business locations
We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you for the above-mentioned purposes, or:
- if you have authorised us to do so;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
Storage and security
Personal information collected on this website is collected and held by Tourism New Zealand. We will take reasonable efforts to protect personal information that is held by us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method is completely secure, and while we take reasonable measures we cannot completely ensure or promise the security of any information we collect from you.
Third-party advertising and links to websites
[If you provide us with the names and contact details of any other people that you would like to have participate in our contests or promotions, we will also collect this information. You promise that you have their permission to provide us with this information and for us to use if for this purpose.]
Commercial electronic messages
Data Access and Correction
Under the Privacy Act 1993 (and other applicable laws) you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold about you. This can be done by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.