1 / 2
The last few days we have had lots of water falling from the skies. But not to worry as Rotorua has plenty on offer even on rainy days. We have put a few of our favourites together for you. Eitherway when you stay at Econo Lodge Cleveland Motel you do not need to worry about getting cold as our lovely geothermal heating warms our property all year round.
1. Hot mineral bathing – Rotorua has several places where you can try hot mineral bathing. If you stay at Econo Lodge Cleveland Motel you can use our indoor hot mineral pools for free!
2. Mud Bathing – Hell’s Gate offers you to try out the unique mineral mud and feel its therapeutic properties on your skin. Whilst you are there try the geothermal walk as during the rain you will see extra steam appearing.
3. Rotorua Museum – The museum is a beautiful building that once upon a time was known as a bath house. Here you will find exhibitions from the basements right through to the rooftop. Everything from informative displays about the local area and tribes down to art gallery type displays.
4. Rotorua Duck Tours – Hop on board a WWII amphibious vehicle that drives around Rotorua as well as into the lake! It’s a great way to get a guided tour of the area and it is suitable for all ages.
5. Volcanic Hills – Take the Skyline Gondola up the Mt Ngongotaha and enjoy the views from the wine tasting room at Volcanic Hills. Add some lovely food platters, sit back and relax.
6. Mamaku Blue – Try locally grown blueberry products at the Mamaku Blue orchard including jams, juice and wine. Here is also a cafe on site. Tours are also available.
7. Agrodome – Enjoy the farm show with sheep shearing demonstration and watch the clever farm dogs show off their tricks. There maybe a chance to feed lambs and milk a cow!
8. Indoor Play – Playtopia Playland and Cafe is a great play for little ones to blow of some steam on bouncy slides and climbing equipment. For the older kids Rotorua has Driftkartz, Rock Climbing, a Trampoline Park , Ten pin bowling and Movies.
9. Maori Concert – In the evening Rotorua has various places that offer hangi and concert. On arrival to the motel ask us for recommendations, as each show has its own unique way of presentation. Bookings are required for these shows and they are generally high in demand.
10. Rafting – If you like a bit of adventure why not go for a rafting trip in the rain, as you will get wet anyway! The Kaituna River offers plenty of excitement including a 7 meter waterfall drop! That is the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world.
At Econo Lodge Cleveland Motel we can help you plan your stay and book your activities for you. Just ask us and we are happy to help! See you soon in Rotorua!
Você tem uma história incrível para contar? Adicionar seu próprio artigo