1 / 3
This is remote backcountry skiing at its best, in a white wilderness all to yourself. Based at our comfortable Rex Simpson Hut high above Lake Tekapo, you undertake day tours in the rolling basins of the Two Thumb Range. Off the Main Divide of the Southern Alps the Two Thumb Range has very favourable weather conditions, providing a choice of terrain for either easy to moderate cross-country skiing and Telemark touring or alpine touring on the steeper slopes.
You can cruise over rolling hills and explore snow-filled valleys, or take an easy ascent to access ideal terrain for carving Telemark turns. Tuition will be given as required. All Telemark touring equipment is included, as well as shovels, probes and transceivers.
Lake Tekapo High Country - Nordic/Telemark Ski Touring, 30 Murray Place, Lake Tekapo, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7999, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.30am - 8.30pm
- Months of operation:
- Jul, Aug, Sep
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 3 hours drive from Christchurch or Queenstown airports
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Buses travelling between Christchurch and Queenstown stop daily in Tekapo
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes walk from Tekapo town centre
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$940.00 - $1,890.00|
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Further pricing information:
- Group discounts for group bookings of 3 or more.