1 / 4
Ulva's Guided Walks Beautiful Birding and Botany half day tour gives you an amazing insight into the natural history, stunning bird and plant life in the southern-most bird sanctuary in the world.
Birds to discover are the Stewart Island Weka, South Island Saddleback, Tomtit, Rifleman, Stewart Island Robin, Brown Creeper, Tui, Kaka, Fantail, NZ Pigeon, Parakeet (yellow and red-crowned), Bellbird and Yellowhead.
We have original, native Podocarp hardwood and broadleaf forest on Ulva Island along with exquisite mosses, liverworts, lichens and seasonal orchidae.
Discover our rare and endangered birds and plants at close quarters and take away the knowledge that you have glimpsed a part of a unique and primeval world.
Ulva's Guided Walks, Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island, Oban, Oban, Stewart Island - Rakiura, 9846, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am to 7pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 650 metres from Stewart Island Flights depot on Elgin Terrace, Stewart Island
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- not applicable
- Proximity to town:
- 900 metres
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$130.00 - $480.00|
(12 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- Birding Classic and Birding Bonanza excursions are NOT suitable for children. Beautiful Birding & Botany half day Ulva Island guided walks ARE suitable for children so long as parents consider the duration of our tour (up to 4 hours walking) and its suitability for their children. Other fare paying adults may be in the group and our tour cannot be prematurely ended or disrupted if children get tired. A private tour with us offers greater flexibility for family needs - call us!