1 / 2
1 / 7
Ulva's Guided Walks offer half day, full day, and full day plus evening bird watching and botany tours on Ulva Island & Stewart Island/Rakiura.
HALF DAY Beautiful Birding & Botany Ulva Island guided walk. Ulva Island is a predator-free open sanctuary, abundant lush native podocarp forest with rare and endangered birds and plant life. Walking pace is dictated entirely by the activity of birds.
FULL DAY Birding Classic begins with a morning guided walk on Ulva Island (described above) followed by an afternoon seabird watching boat excursion.
EVENING & FULL DAY Birding Bonanza begins with a NIGHT search for Stewart Island Brown Kiwi in the wild. Next day is full day Birding Classic (described above). Birds are listed in each activity desc,
Ulva's Guided Walks, BOOKING OFFICE: Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island *NOTE TOURS DEPART FROM GOLDEN BAY WHARF*, Oban, Oban, Stewart Island - Rakiura, 9846, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am to 8pm (summer) and 9am to 7pm (winter) by phone or our booking office is open September to April 10.30am to 5pm daily at The Stewart Island Gift Shop, 20 Main Road, Stewart Island
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 650 metres from Stewart Island Flights depot on Elgin Terrace, Stewart Island
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- not applicable
- Proximity to town:
- 900 metres
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$145.00 - $480.00|
(12 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- Whilst our Ulva Island walk is gentle, there are steps & beach walking involved and steps up/down between the wharf and boat – clients need to be physically agile and able to do this unassisted. Birding Classic and Birding Bonanza excursions are NOT suitable for children. Birding Bonanza is not suitable for users of walking sticks/frames due to kiwi spotting area being slippery and uneven. Outdoor activities take place in a dynamic, natural environment - please wear suitable clothing.