1 / 4
We are a boutique vineyard and winery, nestled among 30 acres of native bush and rolling vineyards on Waiheke Island. It’s here that we create character wines that draw on the knowledge and experience of Kim and Jeanette Goldwater, who founded winegrowing on Waiheke in 1978. After years of producing iconic wines from the vineyard, the Goldwater’s gifted the operation to the University of Auckland in 2011. Since then, our established professional team have continued to create award-winning wines under the Goldie label that support the New Zealand Sustainable Winegrowing programme. The vineyard is also home to the University's Wine Science Centre.
Our vineyard deli and Cellar door are open 12-4pm, 7 days a week peak season, Wed-Sun off-peak.
Goldie Estate, 18 Causeway Road, Surfdale, Waiheke Island, Auckland, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 35 min Ferry from downtown Auckland, 10 minutes drive to vineyard from Matiatia
Precios y condiciones
- Más información sobre precios:
- Families are welcome, but alcohol will only be served to those 18+. A valid form of ID is required. There is no charge to visit the vineyard, however wine tastings are charged at $10pp. Picnic baskets/platters and drinks are available to order from the Deli.