1 / 2
1 / 7
Set in 80 hectares, Orana Wildlife Park is New Zealand's only open range zoo. It is within 15 minutes drive from Christchurch airport. The Park provides amazing animal encounters: hand feed giraffe, meet rhino up close, see NZ's only gorillas and orang-utans, view kiwi and travel through the lion habitat (cost and conditions apply).
Scheduled presentations occur daily. Visitors can enjoy the antics of cheetah, tigers, Tasmanian devils, monkeys, meerkats and more. An extensive NZ section features kiwi, a wide range of birds and reptiles plus two walk-through aviaries (giving the chance to meet the mischievous kea). Guided tours operate daily. A cafe and fantastic wildlife gift shop are on-site. It's a full day of fun for everyone at Orana.
Orana Wildlife Park, McLeans Island Road, Harewood, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8051, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 10am to 5pm, 7 days. (other hours by arrangement for functions). Closed Christmas Day.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Close to Christchurch airport - 15 minutes drive (north-west) from the airport.
- Proximity to town:
- Easy drive to Orana from town
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Additional cost for encounters such as the Lion Encounter
- Further pricing information:
- Commission rate available on application. Other rates for special tours, functions and behind the scenes tours available on request.