1 / 4
Our first priority is to take you in a small group so we can personalize your experience, our next is to give you the best possible opportunity to see and appreciate everything these exceptional caves offer.
A close look at glowworms is a great way to start the tour, our guides can explain and show you everything. Giving you lots of time with the lights out, your eyes will fully adjust to the many thousands of small lights above, then an unhurried boat ride beneath them will simply amaze you.
Short walks and warm refreshments are a great way to appreciate the beautiful surrounding above the caves and lastly a visit to the Cave of the Spirit is a really wonderful way to picture Waitomo’s treasure trove of ancient mysteries and stories.
Spellbound Glowworm and Cave Tours, 6 Waitomo Caves Road, Waitomo Caves, Hamilton - Waikato, 3977, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Closed Christmas and Boxing day and all of June. May close due to flooding for safety reasons.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 80 km Hamilton Airport 200km to Auckland Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 50 m
- Proximity to town:
- 20 km to nearest town
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- Commission rate is offered on application, escorts/interpreters may come for free.