1 / 10
Although similar in size and appearance to the Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain, Stonehenge Aotearoa is not a replica. It is a complete and working structure designed for its precise location in New Zealand.
Situated in the Wairarapa countryside, Stonehenge Aotearoa is a window into the past where the visitor can rediscover the knowledge of their ancestors. It incorporates ancient Egyptian, Babylonian & Indus Valley astronomy, Polynesian navigation, & Celtic and Maori Starlore.
Allow 70 minutes for a guided tour.
Opening times alter with the seasons. Please check our website: stonehenge-aotearoa.co.nz for the current opening hours.
Guided tours can be at any time by arrangement.
Self-guided trek around the stones during opening hours.
Stonehenge Aotearoa, 51 Ahiaruhe Road, R.D.2, Carterton, Wairarapa, 5792, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 10am to 4pm 7days open, we are seasonal, please check our website
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 12.5km to Carterton bus stop
- Proximity to town:
- 12.5km from Carterton
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$8.00 - $20.00|
(16 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Seniors receive a reduction of Adult rate, special events have their own prices
- Further pricing information:
- Private guided tours must be pre-booked.