1 / 5
Meet the Locals Up Close at EcoWorld Aquarium. Explore, get up close, have fun discovering some amazing animals and marine life that make New Zealand unique.
We strive to give you outstanding experiences. Our enthusiastic knowledgeable staff help you discover, have fun, sharing with you the amazing lives of some of New Zealand's native animals that live in our beautiful Marlborough Sounds.
Come and see Tuataras - New Zealand’s very rare “living fossil”; Get close to local native fish and our Short-tail Stingray; Seahorses - New Zealand pot-bellied seahorses; Giant Squid - “Monster of the deep” - (preserved 6m); Yellow Crowned Kakariki - endangered parrots being bred; Red Kakariki - endangered native parrots.
EcoWorld Picton Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Picton Wharf, Picton Foreshore, Picton, Marlborough, 7220, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Open daily from 9:30am. Feeding times - 11am and 2pm daily.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 - 15 minutes by car
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 1 minute walk
- Proximity to town:
- 2 minute walk to Picton town centre, 85m from Interislander Ferry Terminal
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- 2yrs and under Free. Student (>14 with ID) $22, Senior (>65 with ID) $22, Family (2 adults & 3 children) $63. Behind the scenes tour and Close encounters tour, $34 Adult, and $18 Child.