1 / 5
The sky of the Southern Hemisphere contains beautiful star clusters, gas cloud nebulae and star patterns that can only be seen from this latitude.
Experience the unique wonders of New Zealand’s southern night sky at Stardome Observatory & Planetarium. Astronomy Presenters will reveal the features of the Southern Hemisphere sky as these constellations are projected onto the domed ceiling of the planetarium. Learn about their history and significance to New Zealanders.
Perhaps the most important constellation to New Zealanders is the Southern Cross, which features on the flag and is a symbol for the country. Pleiades or ‘Matariki’ star cluster heralds the start of a month long festival of celebration for Maori New Year in June.
Stardome Observatory & Planetarium, 670 Manukau Road, One Tree Hill, Auckland Central, Auckland, 1023, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- Monday 10am-5pm / Tuesday to Thursday 10:00am-5:00pm & 6:00pm-9:30pm / Friday 10:00am-5:00pm & 6:00pm-11:00pm/ Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-11:00pm
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 13km / 14 minutes drive from Auckland Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- A bus stop is located at our gates. Buses number 302, 304, 305 & 312 stop regularly.
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 8km / 12 minutes drive from Auckland city centre
Precios y condiciones
|Adulto||$12.00 - $15.00|
(15 años o menos)
|$10.00 - $12.00|
- Otros cargos:
- Optional add-on viewing through the large Zeiss telescope for $10 on Thu, Fri & Sat nights after 8pm show.
- Más información sobre precios:
- Booking is strongly encouraged.