1 / 4
The Waitomo Museum of Caves is one of the best special interest museums in New Zealand.
This award-winning centre shows you the treasures of Waitomo above and below ground. Understand the geology and development of our caves and limestone (karst) landscapes. See how caves are explored and the life that lives in them. Learn about our local culture and history. Movies are available on request in our 40-seat theatre and there is a cave crawl for the adventurous.
The centre features a 20 minute multi-media show Arachnocampa Luminosa, a must-see experience for cave visitors that describes the life-cycle of the New Zealand glowworm.
The museum and shop are open 7 days a week from 8:30am to 5pm, all year round, except Christmas Day.
Waitomo Museum of Caves, 21 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves, Hamilton - Waikato, 3943, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- We're open 7 days a week, every day except Christmas Day. We always open from 8:45 am to 5:00 pm but our hours are longer during the main tourism season. Check our website for exact opening times during the year.
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Todos los meses del año
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 1 hour from Hamilton Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- Directly across the road
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- Centre of Waitomo Caves village
Precios y condiciones
(10 años o menos)
- Otros cargos:
- Free or discounted entry with some cave tours. Call us to find out more!
- Más información sobre precios:
- Free entry for one child with each paying adult. School groups can book a package through our education service at firstname.lastname@example.org