1 / 3
By 4WD 9 seater van and many photo-stops en route, view Akaroa harbor in its entirety, stand on crater rim at our 700m view point, leanr about the history of this beautiful landscape by local guides who have lived here for up to five generations.
Visit Pohatu Bay on the outer coast, panoramic views all the way down, working sheep farm and penguin colony. This is a chance to get great photos of our friendly pet sheep which you can feed by hand for a real kiwi experience. Then come with us as we monitor penguin nesting sites and learn of the conservation work we do in the largest colony of Little penguins on mainland NZ.
Other native species are seen on the tour so great option for the keen birdwatcher (oyster catchers, cormorants, terns...
2 hour Nature Tour, Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7520, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 11.00am on cruise ship days and 1.30pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Akaroa is an hour and half drive away from Christchurch Airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- The daily shuttles pick up and drop off 100 metres away of our office.
- Proximity to town:
- Our office is in Akaroa, just behind the BNZ bank at Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie.
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)