1 / 2
The Whanganui River winds its way from the mountains to the Tasman Sea through countless hills and valleys. Experience the remoteness and beauty of the deep gorges and cascading waterfalls. Visit the Bridge to Nowhere.
Great Walks facilities.
Managed by the Department of Conservation (DOC), the Whanganui Journey is well-signposted and easy to follow, with communal huts and campsites en route (booking is essential).
A reasonable level of fitness is required. Independent canoeists are unguided, carry their own gear and cook their own meals.
Whanganui Journey Great Walk, DOC Whanganui Office, 34-36 Taupo Quay, Wanganui, Whanganui, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- Whanganui Journey Great Walks season: Oct-April. DOC Whanganui Office - Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- Wanganui Airport is 74km from Pipiriki, 96km from Whakahoro, and 168km from Taumaranui. Taupo Airport is 109km from Taumaranui
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- Equipment hire, services, food and transport can be found in Taumarunui, Whanganui, Raetihi, Ōhakune and National Park Village.
- Proximité de la ville :
- Access to the Whanganui Journey is at Taumaranui, Whakahoro, and finishing at Pīpīriki (27km from Raetihi, 38km from Ohakune, 74km from Wanganui).
Tarifs et conditions
|Adulte||$40.00 - $104.00|
- Autres frais :
- Price is for self-catered multi-share accommodation in DOC huts ($32/night), and/or campsites ($20/night) for 2-4 nights. Canoe equipment hire and road transfers to/from the river are not included.