1 / 10
Cycle the new West Coast Wilderness Trail, featuring native forest and wild coastline. Learn the gold mining, logging and farming history of our early pioneers. Enjoy the lively atmosphere at the recently refurbished Theatre Royal Hotel at Kumara.
Visit the spectacular Hokitika Gorge. Enjoy two nights of accommodation overlooking the wild coastline at Hokitika. Visit a family run pounamu (greenstone) workshop. Climb to the treetops and admire the forest from above at the Hokitika Tree top walkway.
Starts and finishes in Christchurch
Bike the West Coast Wilderness Trail - PureTrails NZ, 11a Langstone Lane, Northcote, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8052, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch airport
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch city centre
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Optional bike hire $170; ebike hire $ 450, single supplement $250
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings will be confirmed and held on receipt of a deposit by PureTrails New Zealand. Payment in full must be received in full at least 30 days prior to departure.