The Wool Shed is a unique visitor attraction presenting the industry, culture and sport of shearing in New Zealand.
Experience the ambience and smells of a wool shed, coming face to face with virtual shearers, wool handling and shearing equipment. Learn about the 160 years of shearing history that have resulted in New Zealand being so highly regarded for its quality wool industry. Live shearing demonstrations, spinning and Weaving demonstrations can also be arranged with prior notice for group bookings of 10 or more.
The Wool Shed: National Museum of Sheep and Shearing, 12 Dixon Street, Masterton, Masterton, Wairarapa, 5840, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 10am - 4pm daily
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2 hours to Wellington airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 minutes walk or 5 minute drive
- Proximity to town:
- Walking distance to main street
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$8.00 - $10.00|
(16 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- $10/adult. $8/Gold card. $3/child. $20 for family pass. Group prices vary depending on the size.