1 / 7
Home to New Zealand’s most active geothermal field that features erupting waters, steaming fumaroles, pools of boiling mud, mud volcano and the largest hot waterfall in the Southern Hemisphere. Hear see and feel the 700 years of interaction of our Maori people then the European settlers with this unique place, its sulphurous waters and geothermal mud’s. Learn the astounding science of this unique resource.
Immerse yourself in unique geothermal muds and sulphur waters of the historic Hellsgate and New Zealand Mud Bath Spas - following the bathing, beauty and healing therapies as practised by the local Maori - Ngati Rangiteaorere including the traditional Maori 'Miri Miri" massage in this culturally theme historic place of healing.
Hell's Gate Geothermal Park and Mud Spa, 351 State Highway 30, Tikitere Rotorua, Tikitere, Rotorua, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8:30 am - 8:30 pm/10:00pm (Except Christmas Day), 7 days
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 7 minutes from airport. Complimentary pickup and drop off can be arranged subject to availablity.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 15-20 mins with bus pick up from bus station.
- Proximity to town:
- 15 -20 min drive from the centre of Rotorua. Free shuttle runs 3 times daily- beginning at 8.50am, 12.50pm and 4.50pm. Living at 12.30pm, 4.30pm and 7.30pm
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$20.00 - $240.00|
- Further pricing information: