1 / 6
1 / 13
Your adventure begins late afternoon/early evening at Lake District Adventures' base in South Waikato. Paddle along the southern edge of Lake Karapiro, over the old submerged Horahora Dam that produced electricity for the early Waihi goldfields.
Learn the history of the Horahora village and enjoy the twilight & silence of being on the water as the day draws to an end. As night arrives over the lake, paddle slowly up the Pokaiwhenua Stream and through the canyon carved out by water over many hundreds of years. Native ferns & trees drape over you, bird life is all around. When darkness falls we float silently back downstream, being guided by the glowworms on either side sparkling like Christmas lights.
Evening Kayak Glowworm Tour, 396 Horahora Road, Piarere, Cambridge, Hamilton - Waikato, 3484, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- Summer (Oct-Mar) 9.00am - 5pm Winter (April - Sep) 10am - 4pm Closed Mondays.
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- 30 minutes to Hamilton Airport, 2 hours to Auckland International Airport
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- 30 minutes.
- Proximité de la ville :
- 15 minutes from Cambridge & Matamata
Tarifs et conditions
|Adulte||$109.00 - $149.00|
- Davantage d'informations sur les prix :
- Bookings essential for tours. Minimums numbers apply. Minimum age 8 years on evening glow worm tours.