1 / 10
Explore a huge and sparsely populated area of the South Island made up of braided river valleys, crystal clear lakes, and dramatic snow-clad mountain ranges - a landscape made famous by the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The biking follows Canterbury’s wide open valleys of the Rakaia, Ashburton and Rangitata Rivers, through the ranges towards the ever dominant Southern Alps. Visit the historic Mesopotamia and Erewhon high county stations. Experience an incredible buggy ride led by a team of Clydesdale horses at Erewhon Station. Discover the beauty of Lake Coleridge and Lake Heron, and explore the small Canterbury communities on the fringes of the plains. Stay in cosy, well equipped high country lodges nestled in amongst the Southern Alps.
Bike the Canterbury Backcountry Trail - PureTrails NZ, 11a Langstone Lane, Northcote, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8052, New Zealand.
- 8am - 6pm 7 days
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Oct, Nov, Dec
Anlagen und Einrichtungen
- Nähe zum Flughafen:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch airport
- Nähe zur Stadt:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch city centre
Preise und Bedingungen
- Andere Gebühren:
- Optional bike hire $190; ebike hire $450, single supplement $300
- Weitere Preisangaben:
- Bookings will be confirmed and held on receipt of a deposit by PureTrails New Zealand. Payment in full must be received in full at least 60 days prior to departure.